Car Crash Lawyer in Valmeyer, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Valmeyer, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Valmeyer, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything.
Car crashes happen fast. Car accident victims should contact a local Valmeyer, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A skilled attorney can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Valmeyer, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5 million. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Valmeyer, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Valmeyer car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their loss.
Valmeyer, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Valmeyer, IL, car crash lawyer can help you do this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Valmeyer Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is not easy. A car crash attorney in Valmeyer, IL, can assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a car accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Valmeyer, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Valmeyer car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Valmeyer, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Valmeyer, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.