Car Wreck Lawyers in Albion, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Albion, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Albion, IL. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to speak with an attorney about your car crash case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Albion, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our Albion, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is overall advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash case, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Albion car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Here are some guidelines from our Albion, IL, car crash attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Albion, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Albion, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The Albion motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for car crash victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Albion, IL, car wreck lawyers can help you in accomplishing this critical step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Albion Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims may wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is not easy. Our injury lawyers in Albion, IL, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Albion, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Albion, IL, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: