Car Wreck Lawyers in Allendale, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Allendale, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Allendale, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to car wreck victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your car accident claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Allendale, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Allendale, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Allendale car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some guidelines from our Allendale, IL, car wreck lawyers.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Allendale, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Allendale, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Allendale motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Allendale, IL, car wreck lawyers can assist you in accomplishing this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our Allendale Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury attorneys in Allendale, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Allendale, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Allendale, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: