Car Wreck Lawyers in Altamont, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Altamont, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Altamont, IL. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm now to talk to an attorney about your car accident claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Altamont, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our Altamont, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is overall advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Altamont car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below are some guidelines from our Altamont, IL, car wreck attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Altamont, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Altamont, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Altamont motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Altamont, IL, car wreck lawyers can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Altamont Car Wreck Lawyers: People might wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers in Altamont, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Altamont, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Altamont, IL, car wreck attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: