Car Wreck Lawyers in Aviston, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Aviston, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Aviston, IL. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to car wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to speak with an attorney about your car accident case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Aviston, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Aviston, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact our firm today through this site or give us a call. Our Aviston car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some guidelines from our Aviston, IL, car crash lawyers.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Aviston, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Aviston, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid case. The Aviston motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Aviston, IL, car wreck lawyers can help you with this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our Aviston Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is complicated. Our injury lawyers in Aviston, IL, can help you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Aviston, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Aviston, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: