Car Wreck Lawyers in Belleville, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Belleville, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Belleville, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm now to speak to an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Belleville, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Belleville, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact our firm now through this site or give us a call. Our Belleville car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some answers from our Belleville, IL, car wreck attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Belleville, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Belleville, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Belleville motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s essential for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Belleville, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Belleville Car Wreck Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. Our accident lawyers in Belleville, IL, will aid you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Belleville, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Belleville, IL, car wreck attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: