Car Wreck Lawyers in Campbell Hill, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Campbell Hill, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Campbell Hill, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your car accident claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Campbell Hill, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are related to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Campbell Hill, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact our firm now through this site or give us a call. Our Campbell Hill car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below are some answers from our Campbell Hill, IL, car wreck attorneys.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Campbell Hill, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Campbell Hill, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Campbell Hill motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Campbell Hill, IL, car wreck lawyers can help you in accomplishing this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our Campbell Hill Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. Our accident attorneys in Campbell Hill, IL, will help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Campbell Hill, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Campbell Hill, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: