Car Wreck Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO
Contact our car accident attorneys in Chesterfield, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to car wreck victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to talk to an attorney about your car accident case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Chesterfield, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Chesterfield, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is overall advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Chesterfield car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Here are some answers from our Chesterfield, MO, car accident attorneys.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Chesterfield, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Chesterfield, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid case. The Chesterfield motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s essential for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Chesterfield, MO, car wreck lawyers can help you in accomplishing this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our Chesterfield Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers in Chesterfield, MO, will help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Chesterfield, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Chesterfield, MO, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: