Car Wreck Lawyers in Clayton, MO
Contact our car accident attorneys in Clayton, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Clayton, MO. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to car wreck victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to speak to an attorney about your car crash claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Clayton, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Clayton, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is overall advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through this site or give us a call. Our Clayton car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some guidelines from our Clayton, MO, car accident lawyers.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Clayton, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Clayton, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Clayton motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for vehicle accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Clayton, MO, car wreck attorneys can assist you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Clayton Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims may wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury attorneys in Clayton, MO, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Clayton, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Clayton, MO, car wreck lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: