Car Wreck Lawyers in Clinton County, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Clinton County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Clinton County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal representation to traffic wreck victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to speak with an attorney about your car accident claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Clinton County, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Clinton County, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is overall advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact our firm now through this site or give us a call. Our Clinton County car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some guidelines from our Clinton County, IL, car crash lawyers.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Clinton County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Clinton County, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The Clinton County motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for vehicle accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Clinton County, IL, car wreck lawyers can assist you with this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our Clinton County Car Wreck Lawyers: People might wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. Our injury attorneys in Clinton County, IL, can assist you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Clinton County, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Clinton County, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: