Car Wreck Lawyers in Colp, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Colp, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Colp, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to car wreck victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm now to talk to an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Colp, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Colp, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Colp car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some guidelines from our Colp, IL, car wreck lawyers.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Colp, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Colp, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The Colp motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Colp, IL, car wreck attorneys can assist you in accomplishing this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Colp Car Wreck Lawyers: People may wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident attorneys in Colp, IL, can aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Colp, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Colp, IL, car wreck attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: