Car Wreck Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO. Our firm offers professional legal representation to traffic wreck victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Creve Coeur, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Creve Coeur, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash case, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through this site or give us a call. Our Creve Coeur car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some guidelines from our Creve Coeur, MO, car wreck attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Creve Coeur, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Creve Coeur motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Creve Coeur, MO, car wreck lawyers can assist you with this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our Creve Coeur Car Wreck Lawyers: People may wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO, will help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Creve Coeur, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Creve Coeur, MO, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: