Car Wreck Lawyers in Crossville, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Crossville, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Crossville, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car wreck victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your car accident case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Crossville, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Crossville, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Crossville car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some answers from our Crossville, IL, car accident lawyers.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Crossville, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Crossville, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Crossville motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Crossville, IL, car wreck lawyers can assist you in accomplishing this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Crossville Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims might wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury attorneys in Crossville, IL, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Crossville, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Crossville, IL, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: