Car Wreck Lawyers in Dix, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Dix, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Dix, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to traffic wreck victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to speak to an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Dix, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Dix, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is overall advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Dix car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some guidelines from our Dix, IL, car accident attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Dix, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Dix, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Dix motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Dix, IL, car wreck lawyers can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our Dix Car Wreck Lawyers: People might wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. Our injury lawyers in Dix, IL, can help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Dix, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Dix, IL, car wreck lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: