Car Wreck Lawyers in East St. Louis, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in East St. Louis, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in East St. Louis, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car wreck victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm now to talk to an attorney about your car accident case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our East St. Louis, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s East St. Louis, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is overall advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our East St. Louis car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have a lot of questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Here are some answers from our East St. Louis, IL, car wreck lawyers.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our East St. Louis, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in East St. Louis, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The East St. Louis motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our East St. Louis, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you with this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our East St. Louis Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is not easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident attorneys in East St. Louis, IL, will assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as East St. Louis, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our East St. Louis, IL, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: