Car Wreck Lawyers in Effingham, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Effingham, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Effingham, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to speak to an attorney about your car accident case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It is important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Effingham, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Effingham, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through this site or give us a call. Our Effingham car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some answers from our Effingham, IL, car wreck lawyers.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Effingham, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Effingham, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Effingham motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Effingham, IL, car wreck lawyers can assist you with this critical step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our Effingham Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims may wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. Our accident attorneys in Effingham, IL, can aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Effingham, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Effingham, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: