Car Wreck Lawyers in Ewing, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Ewing, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Ewing, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car wreck victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your car crash claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It is important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Ewing, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Ewing, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is overall advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact Dixon today through this site or give us a call. Our Ewing car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some guidelines from our Ewing, IL, car wreck lawyers.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Ewing, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Ewing, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Ewing motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Ewing, IL, car wreck lawyers can assist you with this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Ewing Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims might wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. Our accident lawyers in Ewing, IL, can help you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Ewing, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Ewing, IL, car wreck attorneys today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: