Car Wreck Lawyers in Godfrey, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Godfrey, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Godfrey, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to car wreck victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to speak with an attorney about your car accident case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Godfrey, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Godfrey, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is overall advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash case, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Godfrey car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have a lot of questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below are some answers from our Godfrey, IL, car accident attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Godfrey, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Godfrey, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Godfrey motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Godfrey, IL, car wreck lawyers can help you with this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our Godfrey Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims may wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident attorneys in Godfrey, IL, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Godfrey, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Godfrey, IL, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: