Car Wreck Lawyers in Granite City, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Granite City, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Granite City, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to car wreck victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to speak with an attorney about your car accident claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Granite City, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Granite City, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash case, contact our firm today through this site or give us a call. Our Granite City car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some answers from our Granite City, IL, car accident lawyers.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Granite City, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Granite City, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Granite City motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Granite City, IL, car wreck lawyers can assist you in accomplishing this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Granite City Car Wreck Lawyers: People might wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is not easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury attorneys in Granite City, IL, will aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Granite City, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Granite City, IL, car wreck attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: