Car Wreck Lawyers in House Springs, MO
Contact our car accident attorneys in House Springs, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in House Springs, MO. Our firm offers professional legal representation to car wreck victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm now to speak to an attorney about your car crash claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our House Springs, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our House Springs, MO, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is overall advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through this site or give us a call. Our House Springs car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some answers from our House Springs, MO, car crash lawyers.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our House Springs, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in House Springs, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The House Springs motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our House Springs, MO, car wreck lawyers can help you with this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our House Springs Car Wreck Lawyers: People may wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident attorneys in House Springs, MO, will aid you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as House Springs, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our House Springs, MO, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: