Car Wreck Lawyers in Jefferson County, MO
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Jefferson County, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Jefferson County, MO. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm now to speak to an attorney about your car crash case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Jefferson County, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Jefferson County, MO, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact our firm today through this site or give us a call. Our Jefferson County car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You likely have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some answers from our Jefferson County, MO, car accident attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Jefferson County, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Jefferson County, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The Jefferson County motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Jefferson County, MO, car wreck attorneys can assist you with this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Jefferson County Car Wreck Lawyers: People might wonder why they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. Our accident lawyers in Jefferson County, MO, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Jefferson County, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Jefferson County, MO, car wreck lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: