Car Wreck Lawyers in Jersey County, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Jersey County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Jersey County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your car accident case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Jersey County, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Jersey County, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Jersey County car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below are some guidelines from our Jersey County, IL, car crash attorneys.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Jersey County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Jersey County, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Jersey County motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s very important for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Jersey County, IL, car wreck attorneys can assist you with this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Jersey County Car Wreck Lawyers: People may wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury attorneys in Jersey County, IL, will assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Jersey County, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Jersey County, IL, car wreck lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: