Car Wreck Lawyers in Metropolis, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Metropolis, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Metropolis, IL. Our firm offers professional legal representation to traffic wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your car crash claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Metropolis, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Metropolis, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical info on this page is overall advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our Metropolis car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some guidelines from our Metropolis, IL, car crash attorneys.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Metropolis, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Metropolis, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Metropolis motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Metropolis, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our Metropolis Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Fighting major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers in Metropolis, IL, will help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Metropolis, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Metropolis, IL, car wreck attorneys today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: