Car Wreck Lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Mill Shoals, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to speak to an attorney about your car accident case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Mill Shoals, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Mill Shoals, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Mill Shoals car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some answers from our Mill Shoals, IL, car crash attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Mill Shoals, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Mill Shoals motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Mill Shoals, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you with this crucial step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Mill Shoals Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims might wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is complicated. Our injury attorneys in Mill Shoals, IL, will aid you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Mill Shoals, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Mill Shoals, IL, car wreck attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: