Car Wreck Lawyers in Montgomery County, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Montgomery County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Montgomery County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to traffic wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm now to speak with an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Montgomery County, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our Montgomery County, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Montgomery County car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some guidelines from our Montgomery County, IL, car crash attorneys.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Montgomery County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Montgomery County, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Montgomery County motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s essential for car crash victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Montgomery County, IL, car wreck attorneys can assist you with this critical step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Montgomery County Car Wreck Lawyers: People may wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. Our accident lawyers in Montgomery County, IL, will help you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Montgomery County, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Montgomery County, IL, car wreck lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: