Car Wreck Lawyers in Morse Hill, MO
Contact our car accident attorneys in Morse Hill, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Morse Hill, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to car wreck victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm now to talk to an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Morse Hill, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Morse Hill, MO, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is overall advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Morse Hill car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some answers from our Morse Hill, MO, car accident lawyers.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Morse Hill, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Morse Hill, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Morse Hill motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is essential for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Morse Hill, MO, car wreck lawyers can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Morse Hill Car Wreck Lawyers: People may wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. Our injury attorneys in Morse Hill, MO, will assist you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Morse Hill, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Morse Hill, MO, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: