Car Wreck Lawyers in Newton, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Newton, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Newton, IL. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to car wreck victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to talk to an attorney about your car accident case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Newton, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our Newton, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact our firm now through this site or give us a call. Our Newton car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have a lot of questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Here are some answers from our Newton, IL, car wreck attorneys.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Newton, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Newton, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The Newton motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Newton, IL, car wreck attorneys can assist you with this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Newton Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims might wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. Our accident lawyers in Newton, IL, will help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Newton, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Newton, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: