Car Wreck Lawyers in Norris City, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Norris City, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Norris City, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to car wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to talk to an attorney about your car accident case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Norris City, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Norris City, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Norris City car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Here are some answers from our Norris City, IL, car accident lawyers.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Norris City, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Norris City, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Norris City motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s crucial for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Norris City, IL, car wreck attorneys can assist you in accomplishing this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Norris City Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers in Norris City, IL, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Norris City, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Norris City, IL, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: