Car Wreck Lawyers in Oakville, MO
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Oakville, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Oakville, MO. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic wreck victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm today to talk to an attorney about your car accident claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Oakville, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Oakville, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash case, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through this site or give us a call. Our Oakville car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some answers from our Oakville, MO, car wreck attorneys.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Oakville, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Oakville, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Oakville motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s very important for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Oakville, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you in accomplishing this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Oakville Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims may wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. Our accident lawyers in Oakville, MO, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Oakville, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Oakville, MO, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: