Car Wreck Lawyers in Olney, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Olney, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Olney, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to speak with an attorney about your car crash case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Olney, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Olney, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Olney car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below are some answers from our Olney, IL, car wreck lawyers.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Olney, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Olney, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Olney motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Olney, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you in accomplishing this important step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Olney Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims might wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Fighting major insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is not easy. Our accident attorneys in Olney, IL, will assist you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Olney, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Olney, IL, car wreck lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: