Car Wreck Lawyers in Omaha, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Omaha, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Omaha, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car wreck victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to speak to an attorney about your car accident claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Omaha, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Omaha, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through this site or give us a call. Our Omaha car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below are some guidelines from our Omaha, IL, car accident lawyers.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Omaha, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Omaha, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid case. The Omaha motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Omaha, IL, car wreck lawyers can assist you in accomplishing this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Omaha Car Wreck Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury lawyers in Omaha, IL, will assist you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Omaha, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Omaha, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: