Car Wreck Lawyers in Owensville, MO
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Owensville, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Owensville, MO. Our firm offers professional legal representation to traffic wreck victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to talk to an attorney about your car crash case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Owensville, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Owensville, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through this site or give us a call. Our Owensville car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Here are some guidelines from our Owensville, MO, car wreck attorneys.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Owensville, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Owensville, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Owensville motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for vehicle accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Owensville, MO, car wreck attorneys can assist you with this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Owensville Car Wreck Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is not easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers in Owensville, MO, can assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Owensville, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Owensville, MO, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: