Car Wreck Lawyers in Pickneyville, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Pickneyville, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Pickneyville, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic wreck victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your car accident case.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It is important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Pickneyville, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Pickneyville, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical info on this page is overall advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash case, contact our firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Pickneyville car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some answers from our Pickneyville, IL, car wreck attorneys.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Pickneyville, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Pickneyville, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Pickneyville motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Pickneyville, IL, car wreck lawyers can assist you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Pickneyville Car Wreck Lawyers: People may wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury lawyers in Pickneyville, IL, can aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Pickneyville, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Pickneyville, IL, car wreck lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: