Car Wreck Lawyers in Russellville, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Russellville, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Russellville, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car wreck victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm now to talk to an attorney about your car accident claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Russellville, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Russellville, IL, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is overall advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Russellville car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some guidelines from our Russellville, IL, car accident attorneys.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Russellville, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Russellville, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Russellville motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Russellville, IL, car wreck lawyers can help you with this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Russellville Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. Our injury lawyers in Russellville, IL, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Russellville, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Russellville, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: