Car Wreck Lawyers in Saint Charles County, MO
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Saint Charles County, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Saint Charles County, MO. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to speak to an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Saint Charles County, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Saint Charles County, MO, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Saint Charles County car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some guidelines from our Saint Charles County, MO, car wreck lawyers.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Saint Charles County, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Saint Charles County, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Saint Charles County motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Saint Charles County, MO, car wreck attorneys can assist you in accomplishing this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Saint Charles County Car Wreck Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. Our injury lawyers in Saint Charles County, MO, can help you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Saint Charles County, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Saint Charles County, MO, car wreck attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: