Car Wreck Lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Spanish Lake, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to speak to an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Spanish Lake, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Spanish Lake, MO, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through this site or give us a call. Our Spanish Lake car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some answers from our Spanish Lake, MO, car accident attorneys.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Spanish Lake, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Spanish Lake motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Spanish Lake, MO, car wreck lawyers can assist you in accomplishing this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Spanish Lake Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims might wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire one. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. Our injury attorneys in Spanish Lake, MO, can aid you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Spanish Lake, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Spanish Lake, MO, car wreck attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: