Car Wreck Lawyers in Springfield, MO
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Springfield, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Springfield, MO. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to car wreck victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm now to speak with an attorney about your car crash claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Springfield, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Springfield, MO, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is overall advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact Dixon now through this site or give us a call. Our Springfield car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some guidelines from our Springfield, MO, car wreck attorneys.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Springfield, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Springfield, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid case. The Springfield motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Springfield, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our Springfield Car Wreck Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Fighting insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. Our accident lawyers in Springfield, MO, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Springfield, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Springfield, MO, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: