Car Wreck Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Ste. Genevieve, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm today to talk to an attorney about your car accident claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Ste. Genevieve, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Ste. Genevieve, MO, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash case, contact Dixon now through this site or give us a call. Our Ste. Genevieve car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Here are some guidelines from our Ste. Genevieve, MO, car crash lawyers.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Ste. Genevieve, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The Ste. Genevieve motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Ste. Genevieve, MO, car wreck lawyers can assist you with this important step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our Ste. Genevieve Car Wreck Lawyers: People may wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Ste. Genevieve, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Ste. Genevieve, MO, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: