Car Wreck Lawyers in Union, MO
Contact our car accident attorneys in Union, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Union, MO. Our firm offers professional legal representation to traffic wreck victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your car accident claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Union, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Union, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical info on this page is overall advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Union car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some answers from our Union, MO, car wreck attorneys.
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Union, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Union, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid case. The Union motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Union, MO, car wreck attorneys can assist you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Union Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims might wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident attorneys in Union, MO, will assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Union, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Union, MO, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: