Car Wreck Lawyers in Valley Park, MO
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Valley Park, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Valley Park, MO. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic wreck victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm now to talk to an attorney about your car crash claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Valley Park, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Valley Park, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Valley Park car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their loss.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below are some guidelines from our Valley Park, MO, car crash lawyers.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Valley Park, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Valley Park, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid case. The Valley Park motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. One of our Valley Park, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Contact Our Valley Park Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims may wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s injury attorneys in Valley Park, MO, will assist you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Valley Park, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Valley Park, MO, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: