Car Wreck Lawyers in Warren County, MO
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Warren County, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Warren County, MO. Our firm offers professional legal support to car wreck victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm now to talk to an attorney about your car crash claim.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Warren County, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are linked to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 deaths.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Warren County, MO, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash case, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through this site or give us a call. Our Warren County car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below are some answers from our Warren County, MO, car accident attorneys.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Warren County, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Warren County, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate claim. The Warren County motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people don’t know what to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s essential for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Warren County, MO, car wreck lawyers can assist you in accomplishing this important step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Warren County Car Wreck Lawyers: Victims often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Fighting insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is not easy. Our injury attorneys in Warren County, MO, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being in a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which is a serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Warren County, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Warren County, MO, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout Illinois and Missouri: