Car Wreck Lawyers in Washington, MO
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Washington, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Washington, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to traffic wreck victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to speak to an attorney about your car accident claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It is important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Washington, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are linked to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Washington, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is overall advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash case, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our Washington car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Dixon has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below are some guidelines from our Washington, MO, car wreck lawyers.
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in a car crash? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Washington, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Washington, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Washington motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Washington, MO, car wreck attorneys can assist you with this important step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Washington Car Wreck Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident attorneys in Washington, MO, will aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. About 25% of bad weather car accidents happen because of snow and ice. There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: Windshield wipers that are in poor condition can affect your visibility.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop When Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Washington, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Washington, MO, car wreck attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and can help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: