Car Wreck Lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO
Contact our car accident attorneys in Weldon Spring, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car wreck victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm now to speak with an attorney about your car crash case.
Your entire life can change after a car accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. A qualified firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Weldon Spring, MO, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Almost 17% of car accidents are related to winter weather conditions. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are approximately 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Weldon Spring, MO, car wreck lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is overall advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through this site or give us a call. Our Weldon Spring car wreck attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some guidelines from our Weldon Spring, MO, car crash lawyers.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Weldon Spring, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our car wreck lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Weldon Spring motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re ever involved in one:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Weldon Spring, MO, car wreck lawyers can assist you with this important step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Weldon Spring Car Wreck Lawyers: People might wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. Our injury lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO, will help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re part of an accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a couple of things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Your car’s tire pressure drops in colder weather
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are another concern when road conditions are poor. According to the IIHA, it takes 18-wheelers more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Our Car Wreck Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Weldon Spring, MO, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Weldon Spring, MO, car wreck attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: