Car Wreck Lawyers in Worden, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Worden, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Wreck Lawyers in Worden, IL. Our firm offers professional legal representation to car wreck victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm now to speak to an attorney about your car accident claim.
A car accident can change your life and the lives of your family in a matter of seconds. It’s important to our firm to provide legal assistance after such an event. An experienced law firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Worden, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you determine what damages you’re owed. Here are some facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Nearly 20% of auto accidents are related to icy roads. Of the 130,000 annual accidents, there are about 1,800 fatalities.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Worden, IL, car wreck lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through this site or give us a call. Our Worden car wreck lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Here are some guidelines from our Worden, IL, car accident attorneys.
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Worden, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our car wreck lawyers in Worden, IL. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Worden motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Wreck?
A lot of people might not know what to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Worden, IL, car wreck lawyers can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Worden Car Wreck Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Fighting major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is not easy. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident attorneys in Worden, IL, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in an accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Icy Road Car Accidents
Snow and ice are a serious threat to drivers. Nearly a quarter of all bad weather accidents occur due to ice and snow. There’s a few things you can do to reduce the risk of being party to a car accident in winter:
- Check Your Tire Pressure: Tire pressure drops when the weather drops
- Examine the Tread on Your Vehicle’s Tires: Driving on bald tires can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and decreases your ability to come to a complete stop.
- Check the Windshield Wipers: If your windshield wipers aren’t working properly, and your windows are fogged up, this can limit your visibility while driving.
- Don’t Speed: When driving on icy roads, it’s essential to drive slowly, ideally 10 mph below the speed limit, and proceed with caution when changing lanes, merging into traffic, and driving next to other vehicles
- Don’t Stop While Going Uphill: Attempting to stop on an icy road could cause your vehicle’s brakes to lock up and which increases the chance of being hit or sliding off the road.
Trucks are an additional concern when roads are covered in ice and snow. According to the IIHA, it takes semi-trucks more than 20-40% longer to brake which can be serious problem in bad weather conditions.
Contact Your Car Wreck Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Worden, IL, car wreck attorneys to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Worden, IL, car wreck lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Chris Dixon has recovered millions of dollars for clients and will help you and your family with legal representation. Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois: