Be Careful This St. Patrick’s Day
Now that Mardi Gras has come and gone, it’s time to prepare for the St. Patrick’s Day festivities. Saint Patrick’s Day, which historically is a feast and religious celebration commemorating the Irish Saint Patrick, is quickly approaching. The St. Louis area festivities are as follows:
- Friday, March 15: Annual Irish Dinner at Hilton St. Louis Ballpark (visit Metropolitan St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee website for reservations)
- Saturday, March 16: St. Patrick’s Day Parade Run- This five mile run will begin at 9 a.m. at Broadway & Walnut.
- Saturday, March 16: 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Parade- The parade begins at 12 p.m. in downtown St. Louis at 18th and Market streets. It will move east and end near Broadway and Market.
- Sunday, March 17: 2013 Ancient Order of Hibernians’ Dogtown St. Patrick’s Day Parade- The parade will start at 12:30 p.m. at Tamm and Oakland.
Be sure to stay safe during all of the accompanying celebrations this weekend. Unfortunately, St. Patrick’s Day is often the cause of many car crashes, injuries, and fatalities, due to driving under the influence, inattention, or even alcohol poisoning. If you are going to be drinking at this weekend’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities, be sure to take a cab.
St. Louis Cab Companies Phone Numbers:
- Laclede Cab: (314) 652-3456
- ABC & Checker Cab: (314) 725-2111
- St. Louis County Cab: (314)646-0879
- St. Louis American Cab Company: (314) 531-8766
- St. Louis Tax Cab Service: (314) 445-9536 Airport Cab: (314) 646-0879