Common Mistakes People Make After a Car Accident in St. Louis

The moments after an accident can significantly affect the settlement you are eligible to recover. Without adequate knowledge of Missouri’s Traffic Laws and injury statute, it’s nearly impossible to recover full compensation for a car accident claim in Missouri. But, with an experienced attorney by your side and information on common mistakes people make after St. Louis car accidents, you can be confident that your case is protected and has the best odds of recovering damages.

5 Things You Shouldn’t Do After a Car Accident | St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers

After a car accident, it’s essential to hire a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer to defend your case. The period after a crash is vulnerable and leaves victims susceptible to the insurance company’s tactics. An experienced attorney can protect you and your case from further harm, and share information with you about the common mistakes people make after car accidents in St. Louis, including:

  • Talking to the insurance company too soon
  • Failing to collect enough evidence
  • Not seeking immediate medical attention
  • Failing to gather witness accounts, the other party’s information, or copies of police/medical reports from the accident

Additionally, hiring an attorney to represent your St. Louis car accident claim can prevent you from accepting the first settlement offer without negotiating.

St. Louis Car Accident Settlements

Negotiating a satisfactory settlement for your car accident claim in Missouri can be challenging without adequate legal knowledge, but hiring a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer ensures that you won’t commit one of the most common mistakes people make after a car accident in St. Louis and jeopardize your claim’s odds of recovering damages. Missouri is an at-fault state, meaning that the responsible party if found negligent, is required to compensate the victim for damages.

The value of a St. Louis car accident settlement is determined based on the amount of fault that both parties had in the accident; this law is called Pure Comparative Fault. For example, if one party is 40% at fault, and the other party is 60% responsible, the less at-fault driver could recover 60% of damages from the accident, while the other party could recover the remaining 40% of damages. Without an experienced attorney on your side, this leaves you more susceptible to the other party’s insurance agent’s tactics and increase the odds of the blame for the accident being pinned on you. Hiring an experienced attorney to represent your case offers support during this challenging time and ensures that your claim meets the standards of Missouri’s statute of limitations.

Car Accident Lawyers in St. Louis

If you or someone you love was injured in an accident and needs a lawyer to defend their claim, the Dixon Injury Firm’s St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers can be counted on to fight for the best results for your case, and ensure that your well-being is taken care of during this challenging time.

Christopher Dixon is a National Trial Lawyers Association “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” whose efforts have recovered over $35,000,000 in medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages for Missouri injury claims. Hiring Chris Dixon and the St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm to defend your case ensures that you and your family have access to resources during this difficult time and attorneys by your side that have your claim’s best interests at heart.

If you are ready to discuss your St. Louis car accident claim with Chris Dixon and the Missouri Car Accident Lawyers, call (314) 409-7060, 855-40-CRASH (toll-free), or contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review or consultation.

Get The Representation You Need Today!

Reach out to Chris Dixon for personal injury, workers compensation, product liability, and other legal services for experienced, reliable counsel and representation in St. Louis.

Contact Us Today

Schedule a
Callback

 

Submit Your
Case Details