Common Types of Bodily Injury

By Chris Dixon


No one should have to suffer because of another person’s negligence, but every year, there are over 39 million physician office visits and 28 million emergency room visits for unintentional injuries. While every personal injury accident is different, some bodily injuries are more common than others.

Most Common Bodily Injury Claims

If you suffered severe bodily injuries in an accident, you deserve compensation from the person responsible for your injuries. Under Missouri law, if someone causes or contributes to the harm of another person, they are required to compensate the victim for their harm and losses. Which, according to Missouri’s bodily injury statistics, is quite often.

Missouri Bodily Injury Statistics

If you are one of the thousands of people that are injured in unintentional accidents in Missouri every year, you could be eligible to file a valid claim for your case. While bodily injury settlements in Missouri can vary significantly, generally, victims can recover compensation for at least a portion, if not all, of their damages caused by another person’s negligence depending on the value of their case.

What is the Value Of My Bodily Injury?

Typically, bodily injury claims can recover compensation for medical expenses, mental and physical distress, loss of income, property damage, and loss of consortium damages, but the value of these damages differs in each situation. For example, if victim #1 suffers permanent injuries in an accident, and victim #2 has minor injuries, victim #1 can likely recover a higher settlement than victim #2 due to a higher amount of damages. That being said, this doesn’t always apply to every case.

In Missouri, when bodily injury settlements are calculated, each party’s percentage of fault, injuries, types of negligence involved, and other factors are considered. Missouri uses comparative negligence for injury claims, and is an at-fault state, so both parties can recover compensation for their damages. For example, if someone is 40% at fault in an accident and the other party is 60% at fault, victim #1 can recover compensation for 60% of their bodily injury damages caused in the accident, while the other party can recover 40%.

Begin a Bodily Injury Claim with Our Personal Injury Lawyers in St. Louis

If you are injured in an accident, it’s important to remember that collecting substantial evidence of the accident increases the odds of recovering a high settlement. In addition to gathering evidence, it’s crucial to get immediate medical treatment and involve a lawyer with your case. Medical reports include details about what caused your injuries and when they occurred, which can be compelling evidence for your claim. With substantial evidence of the other party’s negligence and documentation of your injuries, a Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Louis can develop a compelling bodily injury claim and defend your case against the negligent party involved to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your harm and losses.

If you have suffered injuries because of another person’s negligence, but don’t know what to do, Christopher Dixon and the St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are always available to discuss your case. The Dixon Injury Firm is the leading choice of St. Louis residents when it comes to bodily injury legal representation due to Chris’ passion for winning and dedication to taking care of clients. To date, the Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 in medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, property damage, and loss of affection damages for personal injury victims.

If you are ready to file a bodily injury claim, or want more information on the most common types of bodily injury claims in Missouri, call (314) 409-7060, 855-40-2724 (toll-free), or contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review or consultation with our Personal Injury Lawyers in St. Louis.

Schedule a
Callback

 

Submit Your
Case Details