Injury Lawyer Columbia, IL
Contact a Columbia, IL, injury lawyer at the Dixon Injury Firm for legal representation.
Injury Lawyers in Columbia, IL. At Dixon, we offer legal representation to clients throughout Missouri and Illinois. It is our goal to help injured victims and their families earn financial compensation in the case of an accident. Please contact the Columbia, IL, injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm now to begin the claims process. Dixon offers a contingency payment plan — if we don’t win the personal injury case, you don’t pay.
The Columbia injury attorneys at Dixon are here to help victims and their families in need of legal representation. Below are some tips Columbia residents should be aware of if you are ever in an accident and need a lawyer:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly of personal injury cases involve motor vehicle accidents. 5 percent involve product liability, 15 percent medical malpractice, and the rest “other.”
- Reimbursement in Columbia personal injury claims depends on several different factors. These include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any punitive damages.
- The average award for an injury claim is around $31,000. Product liability and medical malpractice cases are typically worth more than premise liability or car accidents.
- Wrongful death is a common reason to start a claim. According to the CDC, these are the mortality numbers from 2015: Unintentional Injuries (146,571), Unintentional Falls (33,381), Motor Vehicles (37,757), Unintentional Poisoning (47,478). OSHA supports that common workplace deaths involve electrocutions, struct by object, and falls.
- Getting legal representation at the Dixon Injury Firm is as straightforward as contacting the Columbia injury lawyers at (314) 409-7060. Chris Dixon provides 24/7 service, free consultations, and case reviews.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon is a leader in injury lawyer in Columbia, IL. It is vital for victims and their families to contact Dixon today. The sooner you hire an injury lawyer, the quicker you can get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Injury Claims in Columbia, IL
There are several different types of injury claims. Nearly 40 million people are injured each year in the United States alone. Among these victims, several could have an injury case. It is crucial to get a case review from a veteran injury lawyer in Columbia, IL. Below, we’ve listed the most common types of personal injury cases:
The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer support to injury victims in Columbia. Our attorneys at Dixon can help you understand how much your injury claim is worth, which allows you to pay off medical bills and recover without financial strains.
When it comes to the physical injuries that we see at the Dixon Injury Firm, claims tend to include the following:
Our Columbia Injury Attorneys are here to help you and your family be compensated for injuries. We focus on winning settlements as fast as possible to ensure you get the personal injury claim reward you deserve.
Reimbursement for Personal Injury Claims in Columbia, IL
Have you been injured on private property, at work, at school, at home, or in a public park, or in a traffic accident? The Columbia injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer case reviews and free consultations to victims in Columbia.
Usually, the main question an injury victim has is how much is my injury claim worth? Understand that there are a good deal of factors at work here. Considering these factors, below you will find the main ones:
- Pain and Suffering — Do you have chronic discomfort or pain? A difficult period of recovery after a surgery? Were disfigured, had a limb amputated, have burns or scars? Reimbursement for pain and suffering depend on past pain and future suffering. If pain and suffering will negatively impact your lifestyle, insurers or defendants and the court will take that into consideration before settling.
- Medical Expenses — If you want to win a personal injury claim in Columbia, it is important to document everything and keep track of medical bills. The party responsible will likely have to compensate you for relevant medical procedures and future rehab and recovery.
- Lost Time at Work — Lost wages are a huge factor in injury claims. The Columbia injury attorneys at Dixon work to maximize workers compensation benefits and any future loss in wage-earning potential due to injuries. A hand injury or a slip and fall can put you out of work for months or forever, especially if you work a labor-intensive job like construction.
- Punitive Damages — While different states recognize punitive damages, some don’t. Punitive damages are tacked on if the guilty party was purely negligent or exhibited egregious behavior. Your Columbia injury attorney will help you answer any questions about punitive damages.
- Wrongful Death — If there is a death, surviving family members are able to get compensation for loss of consortium and even burial expenses. Parents can typically add wrongful death to a case if their child was under 18 years old. Again, the Columbia injury attorneys at Dixon can provide you with more information.
To learn more about injury claims in Columbia, IL, check out the Dixon Injury Firm’s case results and client testimonials.
Contact Your Columbia, IL, Injury Attorney Now
Knowing when to hire Columbia injury lawyers is an important step in winning a personal injury case. At the Dixon Injury Firm, our attorneys provide seasoned legal counsel to clients and their families in Columbia, IL. Call (314) 409-7060 today to learn more from Dixon Injury Firm. We offer free case reviews and consultations. And our legal service doesn’t cost a thing unless we win the case. Contact your Columbia, IL, Injury Lawyer.