Injury Lawyer Makanda, IL
Contact a Makanda, IL, injury lawyer at the Dixon Injury Firm for legal representation.
Injury Lawyers in Makanda, IL. At the Dixon Injury Firm, we provide legal counsel to clients throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s our goal to help injured victims and their families earn financial compensation in the case of an accident. Please contact the Makanda, IL, injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm as soon as possible to start the claims process. Dixon offers a contingency payment plan — if we don’t win the injury case, you don’t pay.
The Makanda injury lawyers at Dixon support victims and their families in need of legal counsel. Below are some things Makanda residents should be aware of if you are ever in an accident and need an attorney:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, close to of personal injury cases were a result of motor vehicle accidents. 5 percent involve product liability, 15 percent medical malpractice, and the remaining “other.”
- Compensation in Makanda injury cases depends on a number of different factors. These include any punitive damages, lost wages, medical bills and future rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and so on.
- The average compensation for personal injuries is in the neighborhood $31,000. Medical malpractice and product liability claims are usually more expensive to defendants than car, truck, or other vehicle accidents.
- Wrongful death is a common reason to start a claim. According to the Centers for Disease Control, these are the fatality numbers from 2015: Unintentional Injuries (146,571), Unintentional Falls (33,381), Motor Vehicles (37,757), Unintentional Poisoning (47,478). OSHA claims that common workplace deaths involve electrocutions, being struck by an object, and falls.
- Receiving legal counsel at the Dixon Injury Firm is as straightforward as reaching out to the Makanda injury lawyers at (314) 409-7060. Dixon offers 24/7 support, no-hassle case reviews, and consultations.
Having settled more than $50 million in his career, the Dixon Injury Firm is a leading injury lawyer in Makanda, IL. It is crucial for victims to reach out to us today. The sooner you get an injury lawyer, the quicker you can get the reward you deserve.
Common Types of Injury Claims in Makanda, IL
There are various types of injury claims. In fact, nearly 40 million people are injured each year in the United States alone. Among these victims, several could have an injury case. It is vital to get a case review from a local injury lawyer in Makanda, IL. Below, we’ve listed the most common types of injury cases:
The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide assistance to injury victims and their families in Makanda. Our personal injury attorneys at Dixon can help you understand how much your injury claim is worth, which allows you to pay off medical expenses and recover without financial pressure.
When it comes to the physical injuries that Dixon works with, claims usually involve the following:
Our Makanda Injury Lawyers are here to help you and your family receive compensation for injuries. We focus on winning claims as quickly as possible to ensure you get the personal injury claim reward you deserve.
Reimbursement for Personal Injury Claims in Makanda, IL
Have you been injured on private property, at work, at school, at home, or in a public park, or in a traffic accident? The Makanda injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide case reviews and free consultations to victims in Makanda.
Usually, the main question a potential injury victim has is how much is my injury claim worth? Understand that there’s many factors at play in these cases. Considering these factors, below you will find the main ones:
- Pain and Suffering — Do you have chronic discomfort or pain? A difficult period of recovery after a surgery? Scarring, burns, disfiguration, or an amputation? Damages for pain and suffering vary on past pain and future suffering. If pain and suffering negatively impacts your lifestyle, insurers or defendants and the court will take that into consideration before settling.
- Medical Expenses — If you want to win a personal injury claim in Makanda, it is critical that you document everything and keep track of medical bills. The defendant will likely have to compensate you for relevant medical expenses in addition to future rehab and recovery.
- Lost Time at Work — Lost wages are another factor in injury claims. The Makanda injury lawyers at Dixon work to maximize workers compensation benefits and how much in wages you lost due to injuries. A slip and fall or even a hand injury can put you out of work for weeks or months, especially if you work a labor-intensive job like construction.
- Punitive Damages — While different states consider punitive damages, others don’t. Punitive damages are added on if the guilty party exhibited egregious behavior or was purely negligent. Your Makanda injury lawyer will help you answer any questions about punitive damages.
- Wrongful Death — If there is a fatality, surviving family members are able to get compensation for loss of companionship (consortium) and burial costs. Parents can typically add wrongful death to a case if a child is under 18. Again, the Makanda injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can walk you through the process.
To learn more about injury cases in Makanda, IL, read the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and testimonials.
Contact Your Makanda, IL, Injury Attorney Today
Knowing when you should hire Makanda injury lawyers is an important step in winning a personal injury case. At the Dixon Injury Firm, our lawyers provide experienced legal representation to clients and their families in Makanda, IL. Call (314) 409-7060 now to learn more from Dixon Injury Firm. We give free consultations and case reviews. And our legal service doesn’t cost a thing unless we win the case. Contact your Makanda, IL, Injury Lawyer.