Injury Lawyer Murphysboro, IL
Call a Murphysboro, IL, injury lawyer at the Dixon Injury Firm for legal representation.
Injury Lawyers in Murphysboro, IL. At Dixon, we provide legal representation to clients throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. It’s our job to help injured victims and their families win financial compensation in the case of an accident. You can contact the Murphysboro, IL, injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm now to start the claims process. The firm offers a contingency payment plan — if we don’t win your personal injury case, you don’t pay.
The Murphysboro injury attorneys at Dixon support victims and their families in need of legal representation. Here are a few tips Murphysboro residents should be aware of if you are ever in an accident and need a lawyer:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly of personal injury cases were a result of motor vehicle accidents. 5 percent involve product liability, 15 percent medical malpractice, and the rest “other.”
- Compensation in Murphysboro personal injury cases depends on several different factors. These include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any punitive damages.
- The average personal injury award is around $31,000. Medical malpractice and product liability cases are typically more expensive to defendants than car, truck, or other vehicle accidents.
- Wrongful death is a common cause to start a claim. According to the CDC, here are the mortality rates from 2015: Unintentional Poisoning (47,478), Unintentional Falls (33,381), Motor Vehicles (37,757), Unintentional Injuries (146,571). OSHA reports that common workplace deaths involve electrocutions, being struck by an object, and falls.
- Receiving legal representation from the Dixon Injury Firm is as simple as reaching out to the Murphysboro injury lawyers at (314) 409-7060. Chris Dixon offers 24/7 service, free case reviews, and consultations.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon has become a leading injury lawyer in Murphysboro, IL. It’s essential for victims to contact our firm today. The sooner you get an injury lawyer, the faster you can get the reimbursement you deserve.
Common Injury Lawsuits in Murphysboro, IL
There are several different types of injury claims. Nearly 40 million people are injured every year in the U.S. alone. Among these victims, several could have an injury case. It is pertinent to get a case consultation from a seasoned injury lawyer in Murphysboro, IL. Below, you can find the most common types of injury cases:
The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide assistance to injury victims in Murphysboro. The injury attorneys at Dixon can help you find out how much your injury case is worth, allowing you to pay off medical bills and recover without financial pressure.
Regarding the physical injuries that Dixon works with, claims tend to include the following:
Our Murphysboro Injury Attorneys are here to help you and your family recover from injuries. At Dixon, we focus on winning settlements as quickly as possible to ensure you get the personal injury claim reward you deserve.
Reimbursement for Personal Injury Claims in Murphysboro, IL
Have you been injured at school, at home, on the job, or on private property, or in a traffic accident? The Murphysboro injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide free consultations and case reviews to victims in Murphysboro.
Typically, the main question a potential injury victim has is how much is my injury claim worth? Keep in mind that there’s numerous factors at work in these cases. Considering these factors, below you will find the most common ones:
- Pain & Suffering — Do you have chronic discomfort or pain? A difficult period of recovery after a surgery? An amputated limb from an injury, burns, disfiguration, scarring? Reimbursement for pain and suffering vary on past pain and future suffering. If pain and suffering negatively impacts your lifestyle, defendants or their insurance company and the court will take that into consideration before settling.
- Medical Expenses — If you want to win a personal injury claim in Murphysboro, it’s helpful to document everything and keep track of medical expenses. The negligent party will likely have to reimburse you for relevant medical procedures and future recovery or rehabilitation.
- Lost Time at Work — Lost wages are another factor in injury cases. The Murphysboro injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm work to maximize workers compensation benefits and any future loss in wage-earning potential due to injuries. A broken back or neck injury can put you out of work for weeks or months, especially if you work a labor-intensive job like construction.
- Punitive Damages — While some states factor in punitive damages, some do not. Punitive damages are tacked on if the defendant exhibited egregious behavior or was purely negligent. Your Murphysboro injury lawyer can help you answer any questions about punitive damages.
- Wrongful Death — If there is a death, a victim’s family members may be able to get compensation for loss of companionship (consortium) and burial costs. Parents are usually able to add wrongful death to a case if their child was under 18 years old. Again, the Murphysboro injury lawyers at Dixon can walk you through the process.
To learn more about injury claims in Murphysboro, IL, check out the Dixon Injury Firm’s case results and testimonials.
Contact Your Murphysboro, IL, Injury Lawyer Today
Knowing when you should hire Murphysboro injury lawyers is the first step to winning a personal injury case. At the Dixon Injury Firm, we provide professional legal counsel to victims and their families in Murphysboro, IL. Call (314) 409-7060 today to learn more from Dixon Injury Firm. We provide free consultations and case reviews. And our legal service doesn’t cost a penny unless we win the case. Contact your Murphysboro, IL, Injury Lawyer.